Friday, January 29, 2010

"You can do all the planing you want, but if you don't take action, all your planning will be in vain and nothing you do will flourish."
I often make plans. I am a huge planner. My personality requires me to plan ahead if I am going to be a happy camper. Usually, I also take action. I like to see my To-Do list get accomplished...it lifts a huge weight off my shoulders. However, there are certain tasks that I plan and plan and plan for but nothing gets done. I may think I have run out of time, but in reality I have time to do those things I have planned months for. For instance, I have planned and planned for several scrapbook pages that I have yet to sit down and "scrap"! It's just silly. What do you plan and plan and plan for yet don't accomplish or even take action towards?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I'm like that alot with quilting :) I spend hours and hours pouring over quilt magazines, I even buy fabric and other tools necessary to quilt, but... hmmmm... no quilt :) I did realise though that I think it's because I'm trying to teach myself and I'm intimidated by the next step in the process. Recently I watched some videos on You Tube about quilting and saw how to do what I had previously only been able to read about, and all of a sudden I was anxious to do it and really did it. So, what's my point...?? I think it's that I think I'm learning that for me anyway when I don't take action after planning there is a reason. I just have to ask myself what the reason is instead of feeling guilty for not doing it :) Yeah... another plan!

    ReplyDelete